Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 May 1998 09:48:21 -0400
From:         Robert Dalton <Robert.Dalton@NOAA.GOV>
Subject:      Re[2]: new '97 ev camper q's
Comments: To: tony@moorelab.com, dan.herbert@utoronto.ca
Comments: cc: vanagon@GERRY.SDSC.EDU, ev_update@db.erau.edu

I would like to check into bringing an EVC back to the USA. I think VW would advise how feasible this was, if I had the vehicle serial number (VIN number). The serial number of any Canadian vehicle would answer this question, even if that particular vehicle wasn't for sale. Can any of you Canadian EV (Eurobago) owners tell me the VIN number of a Eurobago originally sold in Canada?.

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________ Subject: Re: new '97 ev camper q's Author: dan.herbert@utoronto.ca at EXTERNAL Date: 5/12/98 3:27 AM

Here's a tip on the annoying paper blind on the sliding door. I glued a velcro dot on the inboard side of the blind frame, and a short neat (velcro cable tie) piece of double-sided velcro on the outboard side. The blind no longer droops, is instantly available to close, and is silent.

The major noise in my 1995 is from the rear bench. We keep it in the rearmost position most of the time, and it makes some fierce squeaks.

I installed a 2" receiver hitch, and it is great. I have a couple of inserts for it. I usually just have a bike rack on it, but last summer towed a lightweight covered trailer full of bikes and tools from Ontario to Utah, Colorado and back. No problem.

I have the distinction of having had a Winnebago poptop crack (virtually in two!). The replacement top has not sat as snugly on the van. Nonetheless, I think that fine adjustment can be mad as easily as you suggest, by finessing the threaded holddown and its nut.

Dan

======================================================================= Daniel R. Herbert Manager, Computer Services University of Toronto - Dentistry dan.herbert@utoronto.ca dherbert@dental.utoronto.ca