Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 May 1998 16:07:09 -0500
From:         The Martins <nitram@TBCNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: "bucking"
Comments: To: vanagon <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>, karen brown <kpb@GNV.IFAS.UFL.EDU>

Hi Karen,

My 85 did that a couple times on the way to Flordia last month. After 45 min. she did it, although not real severe, then it did not do it again for the next 2 hrs. 3o min. after week got gas, it did it again, then not again. This happened once more after we got gassed, and hasn't happened since. ( about 3000 miles since the last time (2 months) ) I did nothing to stop it, other than pray it would die on us.

Larry

---------- > From: karen brown <kpb@GNV.IFAS.UFL.EDU> > To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM > Subject: "bucking" > Date: Friday, May 08, 1998 8:45 AM > > Greetings - > I was headed to the beach on the interstate last week-end, going about 60, > not accelerating or decelerating but maintaining my speed, when suddenly the > van bucked pretty severly. It immediately went back to normal and nothing > extraordinary happened for the balance of the trip (45 minutes or so), > except for the acceleration of my heart rate to 190 bpm. I may have let off > on the accelerator slightly without realizing it and the bucking was my > pushing back down on it (some kind of torque thing??), but I don't think so > and this has never happened before. It happened once again the next day on > my return trip. Bucking is the only way I can think of to describe this > event; it was one brief, sharp jerk of the engine, then onward as if nothing > happened. Any ideas out there? > > Thanks! > Karen Brown > '84 VW Westfalia