Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 May 1998 18:12:48 -0400
From:         thetrans <thetrans@INAME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Curtain Kits
Comments: To: BNGR8FUL <BNGR8FUL@AOL.COM>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Dude:

As a "happily" married man for oh so many years, I offer the following advice:

Maybe you should ask your girlfriend how she feels about making custom curtains before offering the product to the (albeit small) world. Between materials, her time, and shipping you'll be surprised how the costs rack up. But maybe she's cool with all that and something good can indeed be done.

I just cringe at the thought of you telling her that she's got 20 orders (80 hours of labor right there by your numbers) over dinner some night.

She may Bobitt you.

At 05:52 PM 5/13/98 -0400, BNGR8FUL wrote: >You guys are silly to pay $150-$200 for curtains. It takes my girlfriend MAYBE >3-4 hours to sew an entire set. And costs as cheap as $20 in fabric (depending >on what kind of fabric you use... some fabric is super expensive). Shes made >two sets now... one for her 71 transporter and one for my 80 Westy. Mine were >made from Batiked cotton thats been patchworked. Hers are cordaroy on one side >and a butterfly patterned cotton on the other. Neither set cost more than $30 >in material to make.For those of you who just cant sew(or dont know anyone >that could do it for you) let me know if any of you want custom curtains made >by her. Im sure she could make them cheaper than any company for you, and you >could pick some cool fabric instead of just solid blue or brown. Peace, Ethan >

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

Hunter/Garcia