Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 May 1998 22:04:52 -0400
From:         John Anderson <vwbus@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: for sale;     1987 syncro vanagon!!!!!!!!!!
Comments: To: Chrisw7971 <Chrisw7971@aol.com>, vanagon@vanagon.com

>source). Who in there right mind would go by what some jack ass trade in >dealer (any) as a source for a Syncro appraisal or any car for that matter? >No trade in dealer is going to offer anything less than $2,000 off what you >could get by selling the car yourself ( though it does takes a brain cell or >two).

Just about anyone who purchased a syncro 11 years ago and is tired of driving an 11 year old car. Age has simply caught up with these things, and a great number of the people who bought those vans that long ago had the consumable income to do so then and won't bat an eyelash when they trade it in today for whatever they are given. That is how the things end up at auction for $3000. I've never bought from or traded a car to a dealer. As a rule I've never lost much money on a car either, have always bought between NADA wholesale and retail, have usually sold 2-3 years later for the same area, usually buying on the low side and selling on the high because of my maintainence habits on my better cars. Usually I make a pretty good profit on my vehicles aside from my labor (which I enjoy), and most always without sacrificing more than a few of my brain cells in the process, but I have plenty to spare. I still think the origional posters asking price is right on, fair, not inflated, and in no need of inflation but after all VW vans always have been prized highly by dreamers, same folks still insisting them 70's vans got em PORSHEEE engines in em an all.

John vwbus@mindspring.com