Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 May 1998 15:33:38 +0100
From:         "Woodcock, Frank" <f.woodcock@UNISON.CO.UK>
Subject:      Pooh interviewed before meeting President Bill Clinton
Comments: To: Caravan Message Forum <caravan@rscom.com>

Pooh will have to negotiate a strict security ring, this weekend around Wheaton Aston, Staffordshire, UK which is just across the road from where all the G8 World leaders are meeting and by sheer chance there is Morris dancing in the area.

United States President Bill Clinton cannot miss Pooh arriving.

When asked about the possibility of meeting President Bill Clinton, Pooh replied:-

"I have to put up with all sorts bouncing up and down in here - one more won't make any difference to my suspension. I do hope that he does not spill his coffee on my nice clean carpet"

At this point the interview was quickly terminated to avoid a serious diplomatic incident.

'Off the record' Pooh confided that the President's security men will be 'dressed in Morris dancer's outfits, complete with clogs, hankies and bells and drinking lots of beer'. This is so that they will blend in with the local folk and not be noticed. Pooh thinks that their cover may be blown however if they should ask for a Budweiser.

See 'Poohs Diary' and new photographs of Pooh AKA my 1981 Holdsworth Villa conversion VW Camper Van (2 litre air-cooled) at my new website. http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~mpages/pooh.htm