Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 May 1998 03:23:54 EDT
From:         Modl6971 <Modl6971@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Syncro tranny. Hi Todd
Comments: To: Jwilli941@aol.com, Vanagon@vanagon.com

In a message dated 98-05-18 02:50:05 EDT, Jwilli941 writes:

<< So you work at Chaplin's?? I've been with Auburn VW for a couple of weeks now. Before that the last VW dealer I was at was Carter's. I did some 'tech' work but was a service advisor my last couple of years there. Auburn has promised me schooling but since I'm still new I won't be attending any thing down in Hillsboro for a while. Did we meet before? Or am I confusing you with one of the advisors that I met at a Mazda school?

My experience with VCs is very limited but since I haven't seen too many failures of them I don't know why your tires no longer 'bite'. Could be simple wear on the tread and therefore they no longer chirp when going around corners?

Have fun down in Hillsboro with Mac. Whats the school you're going too?

Todd Hill VolksWerks Transaxles // VW dealer mechanic Olympia, WA >>

I'm at Chaplin's all right. Craig, a technician at our dealer now, used to work at the Auburn store. He quit the Auburn store around November, he couldn't stand the team player pay system. I hope it's working out for you. I'll be in the advanced engine performance class, stuff I already know, I just need a vacation. We didn't meet in the Mazda class, you just helped me out a while ago on the RPM reduction question. I have 16" wheels, with brand new 215-65 tires. I wonder if that has anything to do with the lack of the tire biting going through the tight turns. You know, the 7 years I've been with VW, I still haven't taken appart a syncro trans yet, or the V.C. I wonder if that syncro core that I have, would be worth a trade for a new V.C. or at least a nice disscount towards one. Oh well, it still is working. Have fun at work. Micahel M 87 syncro.