Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 May 1998 09:27:52 -0700
From:         "Steven X. Schwenk" <sxs@SCHWENK-LAW.COM>
Subject:      VW AG Response Re Syncro Export
Comments: To: vanagon List <vanagon@vanagon.com>

I sent VW AG (of Germany) an e-mail from their new english web page asking when they expected to start exporting the syncro eurovan to the U.S. Here's they empty response:

Subject: syncro camper (Westfalia) Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 16:22:16 +0200 From: sabine.bierwagen@volkswagen.de (Sabine Bierwagen) Organization: Volkswagen AG To: sxs@Schwenk-Law.com

Dear Mr. Schwenk,

thank you very much for your E-mail and your interest in our vehicles.

Unfortunately I have to tell you that the camper you are interested in (which I suppose would be an equivalent to our "California") is not available on the US-market. Neither the Westfalia configuration on the T4-basis available here in Germany nor the syncro drive concept are licensed for the US-market. At present only 2 models on T4-basis are available in the USA: the EuroVan (price approx. 30.000$) and the Winnebago (Rialta), named after the company responsible for the configuration and equipment. The Eurovan (available as from now on) comes in two model versions, "GLS" and "MV". The "MV" is available as the so-called MV Weekender with a special equipment package including: Pop-up roof with 2-person bed, manual air conditioning (front only), window screens, fixed driver side rear facing seat with refrigerator in seat base, second battery, 120A alternator, sliding window curtains, screen for hatch.

I am sorry that I do not have any further information about the Winnebago. However, I hope the information given above is of any help for you.

With kindest regards

Sabine Bierwagen Sales & Marketing