Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 May 1998 21:56:49 -0700
From:         "Steven X. Schwenk" <sxs@SCHWENK-LAW.COM>
Subject:      Re: Syncro alignment confusion
Comments: To: CanineWolf <CanineWolf@AOL.COM>
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I just spent 15 minutes writing an explanation as to why I paid such an ungodly price for an alignment...and when I pushed send...crash...

So, in summary, then, I've taken my van to 5 alignemnt shops. The first one scored all four alloy wheels. the second one did not do the alignment right, cut the vacum line to my diff. lock, greased my carpets and charged me for installing shocks they never put on. (less than a week later as I was preparing to sue them they were busted for criminal fraud in a sting by the DA's office.) The next shop got it right one out of three attempts. the BMW dealer...well never mind about that one. Finally the dealer...and they know how to do it and take the time to do it right...problem is ya gotta pay for all that time :-(

It must be a regional/urban/cultural type thing. Either that, or I just have bad luck. Any one have a referral for a good Bay area alignemnt shop?