Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 May 1998 21:18:28 -0400
From:         Scarlett Semko <damosem@MAIL.MCO.BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: How do you drain "all" the fluid out of the tranny?
Comments: To: "Steven X. Schwenk" <sxs@Schwenk-Law.com>
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I, too am in the process of changing out the fluid in my 1984 4 speed, 091/1, and have decided to go with a synthitic maybe Redline, maybe Castrol. The question is how do I get all the old fluid out? I read a post yesterday that stated that about 1 and a half qts is stiil in the tranny after draining. That seem about right to me after having drained mine. Any help would be stongly appreciated. I'm trying to get this done this weekend.

TIA Ron Semko