Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 May 1998 11:47:30 -0700
From:         Christine Castigliano <ccastigliano@SPRINTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Help for my Westy hunt

I'm looking into two Westies, one in Vancouver BC and one in Albuquerque. Any mechanical types who'd be willing to check them out (for a reasonable fee) please email me. I'd also appreciate any and all comments on these models and their seller's claims:

The Vancouver model's an '84 with 18,500m on factory rebuilt engine. Good interior. 165,000 miles. New shocks and tires. Roof rack and bicycle rack for three bikes. Propane stove and freezer are in working condition. Vehicle in very good condition. Owner bought a sailboat and is no longer using the vehicle. $6400 US.

The New Mexico model is a '90 camper, AC, cassette, interior immaculate, exterior pretty good, ubiquitous dent in right rear fender, runs great, 139,000 miles, all records. Asking $10,500....the seller writes: "The engine has never had any major work. The head gaskets are seeping a bit. I took it to a VW mechanic expecting to do at least a gasket/head/valve job but the guy talked me out of any work. Said it was ok for now. No rust, the car has lived mostly in the southwest. The paint is not perfect, but generally looks good (silver). Four speed. The interior is in great shape, however, the refrig only works on electric, not gas."

thanks in advance, christine