Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 May 1998 10:45:59 +0100
From:         "Woodcock, Frank" <f.woodcock@UNISON.CO.UK>
Subject:      Pooh visits Wales
Comments: To: Caravan Message Forum <caravan@rscom.com>

Pooh AKA 1981 Holdsworth Villa VW Campervan can be seen at http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~mpages/

23 -25 May 1998

I visited Angle in Wales over the long May bank holiday weekend to see Andy and Sue, friends of Frank and Sabrina who were staying in their caravan at West Angle camp site with their two young daughters.

Wales looks a bit like Piglets head and Angle is where Piglet's nose would be if he was Wales, which he assures me that he is not. To make the point clearer Piglet says that Anglesey which is confused with angle is not where his ear would be, that is if he was Wales which he is not.

The journey from my home in Redditch went hummingly with Frank and Sabrina and Richard who is 10 years old and though younger than me, is a lot wiser.

Richard slept most of the journey dreaming dreams about detecting Wales with his metal detector. When he woke up we were in Wales so he did not use his metal detector.

I went through the Brecon Beacons National park and stopped at the Usk reservoir for a break by the water's edge.

I arrived at Angle after driving down some narrow steep hilly roads and past a huge Texico Power Station which appeared to be sending lots of smoke into the air. Owl would have a very long think about this.

West Angle camp site is set near a sheltered sandy beach where there are rock pools. Richard discovered some crabs and shrimps and a very small starfish and all without his metal detector!

Frank and Sabrina had recently got an awning from a friend. I was surprised when they put it very close to me and attached it into my guttering.

The awning soon became unattached because my elevated roof also fits into my guttering and one of the two plastic strips kept springing out from where my sliding door sticks out when open. Frank was very puzzled about this and eventually got the awning to stay put by using only one strip.

During my stay, I ran out propane gas and Frank and Sabrina got a replacement from the village shop about a mile down the road. Meanwhile Richard was getting very wet splashing between rock pools.

I stopped by at Solva on the way to the Cathedral at St Davids. The car park at Solva is free, and I was lucky to find a space near the exit.

Frank , Sabrina and Richard did not want to leave Angle and I remembered that to leave, I had to go up some narrow steep hilly roads. I should not have worried as I went up the hills with ease. After a short break on the journey, I arrived home to Redditch four hours later feeling a lot better for my visit to Wales.