Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 May 1998 09:38:43 +0200
From:         Calle Fallberg <calle.fallberg@SWIPNET.SE>
Subject:      H E L P, AFM, Lights
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Hi again Vanagoners!! Seems like my row of Qīs are endless when it comes to solving my stuttering Vanagon problems, but this time they are of a little different caracter! As you all pointed out there is just to buy a little capacitor and solder it to the wires going into the Air Flow Meter , and so far it sounds just like a piece of cake. So I check my Manual - Brookland Books, not the Bentley wich is not available in Sweden - and find the veirdest viring diagram iīve ever seen, so I need to consult you ībout this: The cap is to be solderd to #2 & #4 wire. Is this counted from left, right (with the empty space not counted ) or as my twisted manual states: the connectors in order 4,1,2,3 wich means that I sould cut into the brown/white and the blue/red wires ?? A little language confusion question too, the little capacitor is to be 25V, 22ufd and thatīs no problem but WHATīS tantulum, Iīve looked through both dictionarys and tech. handbooks and found nothing translateable to swedish . Is it a brand or just an expression for the work it does?? NOW for something compleatley different: There was a question about the Hella 1000 Black Magic lights which looks cool , works OK but are EXPENSIVE like everything of that brand! In Sweden Iīll pay app. 150$ each for them. Hella has a new light too, the "Luminator", more light, 200$ each. Not to be forgotten the Luminator Xenon with the same kind of bulb as used in the timing lights wich pumps out an endless amount of bright wite light , on headlight only though, the dimmed is the same old stock, sold at 900$ EACH!! Myself I go with the domestic NBB brand,the round ones are almost as bright as the Hella 1000 but at the low cost of 70$ a pair, with 55w bulbs included ! They are available in square shape too, almost as bright, fit in the Vanagon grille, same price! Donīt know if youīre able to get them in the US, check their european homepages . Hella: http://www.hella.de/ NBB: http://www.nbb.se

Calle -88 Vanagon

[text/html]