Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 May 1998 15:27:45 -0400
From:         David Raistrick <keen@FINALLY.ATLASTA.NET>
Subject:      New bus! 82 Westy! (and questions!:) (and upcomming trip, too..)

Hey folks..

Mom finally found her a bus. 82 Westy, Better than Excellent condition, throughout. I've driven and worked on 98's in worse shape than this!

It's some oddball lightbrown color, though it came through in the digital pic's I saw as orange...(oops...:) I'll see about figuring out the proper name sometime...:)

Mom's already named it: Baby Maxine.

So anyway. The questions.

Where in the world does the OE jack (and tools!) store? The owners manual says "In a plastic bag under the drivers seat..", or something.. How do you get it IN there?!:) Got the jack, (and plastic bag!) and the double screwdriver, and the 10/13 wrench, and the lugwrench! Oiy!

And the front table. Does it just store on it's pedistal all the time? Or what? PO stored it in the wayback..

So anyhow. 174k miles, 2nd engine with 55k, runs GREAT. Michellin MX's with 10k..Clean clean clean. Conti spare. Even the engine is cleaner than our kitchen! Mom's the third owner...

All original paint, NO RUST. Serious! Eash!:)

Originaly bought in Atlanta, from Jim Ellis..(for those familar...) Still have the tag-cover.

Mom loves it.:)

So, we'll be headed to Erie PA, leaving the evening of the 10th, coming home that next sunday....Who's along the way in the chance we need a hand?:)

That's about it...Oh. Came with the 80-82 Bentley, too.

He sold it, cause he got a 91. He had tears in his eyes as we drove off...He sure loved this bus!

later....david

-- David Raistrick '69 Westy-Itchigo keen@finally.atlasta.net '82 Westy-Baby Maxine (Mom's) '66 SO-44 Westy (coming soon!) in Augusta Ga