Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 May 1998 02:37:21 EDT
From:         SyncroHead <SyncroHead@AOL.COM>
Subject:      VW Classic Weekend, 6-13/14
Comments: To: Vanagon@Vanagon.com

Hi all,

Here's some information about the upcomming VW Classic weekend in southern California. Lets see a good showing of Vanagons there this year! There will likely be at least 2 Dual Cab, Vanagon style Transporters in the show!

This is the 30th anniversary of an event that started as the "Bug-In" in 1968.

SATURDAY, 6-13-98 Morning: SOTO Anniversary Meet, Long Beach Veterans Stadium (In case any of you Vanagon/Eurovan owners also have a "Splittie" For more info call: Dave Heard at (530)899-7106 Afternoon: VW Toy, Literature, & Memorabilia Show, Noon-4PM. Irvine Holiday Inn, Admission: $5.00 For more info call: Periscope Enterprises (714)544-1759 Fax: (714)731-8780, email: VWClassic@earthlink.net Website: VWCLASSIC.COM Evening: Gene Berg Memorial Navigational Car Rally Entry fee: I think about $5. Not certain of the starting time, I think from about 3:30-6:30PM or so. Starts at the Gene Berg Enterprises, 1725 N. Lime Street, Orange CA This event has lots of door/raffle prizes at the dinner/party afterwards.

SUNDAY, 6-14-98 All Day! (almost) 8:00AM - 4:00PM VW Classic Car Show and Swap Meet Admission $15 at the show or $12 in advance Admission price includes entry of any VW into the show! Each show entrant will recieve a show pin and a dash plaque. For more info call: Periscope Enterprises (714)544-1759 Fax: (714)731-8780, email: VWClassic@earthlink.net Website: www.VWCLASSIC.com

Of special interest to Trnsporter enthusiasts, from the VW Classic webpage:

Deluxe Micro Busses, our goal is one from every year, 1952-1967

Barn Doors, we want to set a record. We had 15 at the Classic last year, the rumored record is 17, we hope to have 20. Barn Door enthusiast, Ed Hughes, will be helping Charlie set this up.

The last display will be for specialty Transporters. Charlie will show the Cinema Bus, Jerry Jess is bringing his Hearse and there will be Fire Trucks, Ambulances, Highroofs, Wide Beds, ladder trucks, and Bestelwagens. It will be Awesome!

Regards, Jim Davis