Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 May 1998 06:16:40 -0700
From:         Sam Scholten <vwvanagon@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 5 speed eurospec tranny's
Comments: To: Modl6971 <Modl6971@AOL.COM>
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

---Modl6971 <Modl6971@AOL.COM> wrote: > > In a message dated 98-05-23 12:32:36 EDT, sxs@Schwenk-Law.com writes: > > << > Weddle engineering sells rebuilt 5 speeds for all vanagons. $1650 + > $300 core charge. 562-598-8191. Tell him the guy who cannot afford his > syncro rebuild sent you. > steve > > Joseph Tu wrote: > > > Hey, I heard that in Germany the Vanagons have 5 speeds and pull 100 > > mphs > > on the autobahn, which is about 180 kmhs. I think my 091 is dying so I > > > > want to know if anyone can hook me up with one of these babies. I have > > no > > clue what the part numbers are! > > > > Joe >> > > Steve, is this 5 speed trans that you mention a real 5 speed trans. I'm > interested in one for my syncro. For a syncro that would mean I need a 6 speed > trans, low gear plus 1 thru 5. > Michael M. sycnro. >

OK, so let me get this straight- this is a real transmission that comes in forms that will bolt up to any Vanagon (and presumably buses back to '76)? Do the Weddle Engineering transmissions actually have more overdrive than what we have now, or is there simply a gear between 2 and 3 like Gene Berg's 5-speed kit for Bugs that has a gear between 3 and 4? Sorry to bug you guys with questions, but...

Thanks, Sam == "Punk's not dead (it just sucks right now)"

...quit whining... http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Backstage/6507