Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 May 1998 07:39:23 -0700
From:         "Thomas D. Hanlon" <hanran.inc@INTERNETMCI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Coolant down /No leaks
Comments: To: Steve Manning <smanning@EXECPC.COM>, Vanagon <vanagon@vanagon.com>

Steve,

I had a similar experience and set of symptoms. The final determination was that the rear heater valve was leaking at the shaft at an almost imperceptible rate, enough to cause the level to drop, but not enough to be self-evident. The problem baffled the VW gurus for about three months, until my wife discovered the "damp" carpet, but without the usual sweet smell of leakage of coolant which accompanies the leaking valve syndrome.

Kyle supplied a French-made valve at a competitive price.

Just a thought for you to consider.

Regards,

Tom Hanlon