Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 May 1998 15:31:48 -0400
From:         "John C. Villines" <jcvinc@MAIL.ATL.BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Parting out '90 Westy and '86 Vanagon

I bought back the '90 Multivan at salvage, and already had the '86 Vanagon GL parts van, as many of you know. I now have a bunch of parts, including: the old engine core; entire interior from the '90; the pop top on the '90; 2 complete A/C systems; tailpipes; mufflers; headlight fixtures; grills; bumpers (grey fiberglass and chrome); etc...etc..

If you are interested in buying any parts, let me know what and I'll get back with you on a price. There's just too much stuff to price and post everything.

Three options:

1) I'm not inclined to spend the time disassembling these vehicles personally, but Ken Wilford is down here (Athens, GA) today and tomorrow and I can have him pull parts. Also, rather than dealing with the packing, items needing to be shipped would be taken to one of these mailbox/shipping places and dropped off...a bit more expensive since they would mark up the shipping cost to cover their packing.

2) I'll be going on the Blueridge trip this weekend and could bring a limited amount of parts.

3) Joel Walker and I are seriously talking about having a YOU-PULL-IT yardsale, either the weekend of June 14/15 or the weekend of June 21/22, at my home here in Athens, to get rid of the last of everything (including body sections...byos [bring your own sawzall]). (He would come over from Alabama.) If you would be interested, let us know which weekend is best. There's camping at a park about five miles away. If you would be interested, let one of us know which weekend is best.

Thanks,

John