Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 30 May 1998 14:13:59 EDT
From:         Tim Gardner <CanineWolf@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Syncro for sale in CT
Comments: To: Vanagon@Vanagon.com

Hi,

Sorry I havnt gotten back to you all about the syncr in CT.

The syncro is 3998.00 and the guy says he wont go down but then again he wastn too perceptive of me. I think he just saw me as some stupid 20 yr old with no money.....I sometimes really dislike the way people judge others. Anyways the van is:

87 gl syncro(111k) mettalic red alloy(burgandy red) locking differential(seems to work=)) no a/c 7 passenger tan interior (nice) not much rust and if there was any the p.o. used a touch up paint on all of it. there is a sticker on the van that says LIMBO so im guessing the p.o. was in LIMBO the guy buys all his vehical from auctions so I doubt he knows anything about the van

I drove the van and it shifted smooth and engine was quiet, the idel stayed steady at about 900.

I would worry about the driveshaft, I did not feel much vibration but it is getting older and eveything. You can get those done at proven force for less than 150 bucks with shipping.

The engine is clean, not spotless but looks clean, there are some yellow numbers on the airflow meter so im guessing this is a newer part. Its looks very clean and shiny black.

Heres the guys info:

SouthSide Auto Sales Enfield CT 06082

Vinnie Bergamini Beeper 860-842-5612 Office 860-749-0341 Res 860-668-0589

Good luck to all.....have fun..and talk the guy down im sure if your older he'll listen.