Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Jun 1998 20:54:13 -0400
From:         John Anderson <vwbus@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      '78 WeStY WON!!!!
Comments: To: type2@type2.com, vanagon@vanagon.com, vintagebus@type2.com

OK first off a warm Thank You from me and Charlie Ford to all these people.

http://www.mindspring.com/~vwbus/conlist.htm

You all basically made this thing happen, and now for the winner:

106. STEVE WHETSTON (Lexington Park, MD)

Runners up in case Steve does not take the bus are:

51. PAT FLYNN 90. JOEL LAMBERT

But I'm pretty sure Steve will take the Bus. The runners up can if they wish have anything they want out of my VW parts stash for free (large items encouraged, vans not included though I'll give an automatic $250 discount.) They have to come to Clarksburg, WV some day to get whatever they want though. Talking with Charlie, he agreed that as I couldn't come up with a nice set of tires for the van and as a friend of a friend had an OK set of new (admittedly car) tires mounted and balanced on rims for $120 (hey $30 each isn't bad), the winnings will pay for tires for the bus as well. Basically I'm sending Charlie $600 of the $745 raised, the rest for tires, the sheetmetal parts, oil change and fuel filters, and some other bits and pieces. About the same amount as initially intended when I thought I might have to pay for the muffler. Another big Thank You there as well to the Old Volks Home for supplying the new exhaust. And as I'm making up an EGR to pass around the DC area for inspections, we should even be able to get this thing by MD emissions with any luck. Steve will have to get it by the usually idiotic MD safety inspection 8-)

So once again thanks everyone, it has been a good time. A little footnote, if I receive any late entries I'm going to email you and give the option of destroying your check since you weren't able to make it into the drawing (not that it would have mattered by the numbers drawn,) or you can let the money go onto Charlie, your option, seems a bit more fair, and I hope most people will do the noble thing.

John Anderson Vwbus@mindspring.com