Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Jun 1998 10:11:50 -0100
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM>
Subject:      SHOW Maple Grove Penn. June 7
Comments: To: type2@type2.com, vanagon@vanagon.com, vintagebus@type2.com

> Is anyone going to the VW Show at Maple Grove drag way in Pennsylvania > this weekend (June 7)?? I will be heading out from Toledo, Ohio > probably friday night or early saturday morning. Anyone else going?? > Does anyone know if there is any VW overnight camping around the show > area or perhaps a VW related "hang out" the night before the show?

Each of the last couple of years, various list members have suggested using my stand at the Maple Grove show as a meeting place for list members at the Maple Grove show. My stand will be very centrally located, at the end of the main isle you walk through when you first enter the gate. (Once you pass my stand, you can turn left to the see the show or right to go to the flea market.) Big Bus Depot signs and a blue '89 Westy with a trailer. If any list members have an interest in meeting eachother, I'd of course love to be the location of this again. May I suggest, say, a 12 noon- to- 1 pm meeting time for any list members who want to get together? Or has another time/place already been proposed?

Regarding camping, I do recall that Ladybug Productions was trying to set up a VW camping event near the Maple Grove show the night before the show. They are the ones who put on the Fall VW show in Morgantown, Pa., but are not affiliated with the promoters of the Maple Grove show. I don't have their phone number here, but if you have a current Hot VW's magazine, it has the contact numbers for both the Maple Grove show and the Morgantown show in the fall (the latter should reach Ladybug productions). Also, there is a private RV campground directly adjacent to the Maple Grove show, as I recall (also called Maple Grove, I think), and a couple of state parks within a 1/2 hour drive.

This show is an excellent show, by the way. Roughly the equal of the Manassas show, and larger than almost any other on the East Coast. About an hour west of the Philadelphia area, going towards Reading. Well worth attending.

Oh yeah. If anyone needs me to bring a particular part brought to the show for them, give me a call TODAY if at all possible (at the below number). Don't e-mail, as I probably won't have time to check it for a week. :-(

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot http://www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW