Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Jun 1998 15:35:53 -0700
From:         "harald.nancy" <harald.nancy@MCI2000.COM>
Subject:      Re: What food to take in a Westie
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

---------- > From: KENWILFY@AOL.COM > To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM > Subject: What food to take in a Westie > Date: Thursday, June 04, 1998 12:33 PM > > Ok I know this sounds like a dumb question but haveing never really camped out > in a Westie before I was wondering what different kinds of food you folks who > have used your camper alot would suggest to take on a trip.

Hi Ken Camping and food belong together. What to take depends mainly on what you like to eat, I guess. But you have to consider other things as well. For example: How well does your fridge work? Are you planing to stay in isolated places and are you on a special diet? We try to keep it simple. I plan a few meals in advance so I know how much to take. Avoid meats as they spoil. Canned tuna is very versatile. Anything in cans is safe. There are lots of dried goods as well. (eg. rice-a-roni) Things that keep well are: Bread, jam,cheese,eggs,margarine in buckets (can also be used to clean greasy hands after car repair) Instant coffee, tea, creamer, granola, oats, small jar of mayo, etc. Fresh fruit : Apples and oranges are great. Avoid mushy fruit and veggies. They spoil. Cooking things I take along: small water-kettle, medium cook pot with lid, small cookpot with lid, one good medium frying pan with lid. One big spoon, and a spatula. Small cutting board. some forks, knives, small spoons, Bread knife, peeling knife, can opener, plates etc. Paper plates can be handy. Don't forget some big coffee mugs. Have fun.

Harald '90 westy