Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Jun 1998 23:06:52 -0400
From:         John Anderson <vwbus@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      '78 WeStY Raffle (nearly done)
Comments: To: type2@type2.com, vintagebus@type2.com, vanagon@vanagon.com

OK everyone, looks like round about 130 entries as of today, some more may yet roll in, the new listing has been posted at:

http://www.mindspring.com/~vwbus/conlist.htm

No real point trying to enter at this point as US Mail isn't going to get to me by Saturday. I'm thinking now that we will shoot for the drawing live on the T2 irc chat server Saturday evening at about 8:00pm EST tentatively as my mail comes in the mornings Saturday so no real reason to wait until Sunday. At that point I'll inform the "lucky" winner by phone immediately and we can make plans for getting the bus on its way. I've taken the liberty with the winnings (as I said I initially would) to purchase about $50 worth of stuff for the bus, especially one minor body panel that needs fixed to stop a leak resulting from the old sideswipe, which I intend to MIG in if I have time between O-chem tests (NEVER, NEVER, take organic chemisty in the summer if you haven't had a chemistry class in 10 years.) So all in all things went well, Charlie Ford will recieve somwhere over $500 worth of good will from the list, and I am fairly happy.

Now if anyone is interested in:

'81 Westy (ugly, complete, deluxe, 10,000 mile AVP engine) $1500 obo (engine cost) '85 Vanagon GL (no A/C, 4 spd, fair, good beater, 110k heads new at 70k) $1500 obo '87 Vanagon GL (OK van, auto, loaded, new MSHP heads, 90k) $2500 obo

I'll be posting more complete details and some pictures, and those obo's are highly negotiable. I still need to get rid of vans in a big way. Word from above is 3 cars, my '79 Scirocco, my new '69 single cab, and a runner, which unfortunately I can't afford to be a van with a 45 mile each way commute every day to school (the '85 even at a reliable 21mpg will eat me alive.) I will accept trades for any or all of these in the form of a clean rust free FWD VW (prefer Golf, Jetta, Scirroco, prefer diesel Golf)

John vwbus@mindspring.com