Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Jun 1998 13:52:03 -0700
From:         marcus <marcus46@FREEWWWEB.COM>
Subject:      Re: Removal of Vanagon Engine
Comments: To: Paul Borghese <paulb28@IBM.NET>
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Paul, don't go pass go just stop stop stop. Wait for the big boys and girls to get off work and give you more advise. You can't just drop the motor,the trans has to be dropped also. Find a good mechanic maybe three or four and get their options. There are more than two dozen things that could cause rough idle. Ask your self a few questions,what was the last thing I did to the engine? and then back track. Did I buy gas at other than normal places?When was the last time I changed the fuel and air filters? Buy a manual and it will take you to a lot of other possibilities. But don't drop that engine because Murphy is waiting and as much as I want him to go away I don't want you to bite off more than you chew ,so to speak.