Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Jun 1998 20:02:02 -0400
From:         Malcolm Stebbins <Malcolm.Stebbins@MSVU.CA>
Subject:      FS CDN '86 Westy IMMACULATE!
Comments: To: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Over the weekend I was driving around rural Nova Scotia and passed a house with a Westy with a FS sign in the back. I threw out the anchor and when I came to a halt, backed up.

Original owner, female (FWIW), this van is IMMACULATE! even the fridge, stove, and Sink look exactly like they did in 1986! NO RUST - undercoated and the van was used mainly to drive to Florida every winter.

1986 Canadian Automatic Transmision 190,000 kms (119,000 miles) 40,000 kms (24,000 mi) on rebuilt engine (mechanic boyfriend did the work! no papers) 6,500 kms (4,000 mi) on a AAMCO aluminum exhaust (has Florida papers) Non-smoker, no kids!!!! Canvas perfect. Interior - perfect. Aux gas heater Tach After-market cruise control (not working) Radio/tape 4 speakers.

If this was a manual tranny, I'd be telling you that I just bought it!!

She wants about CDN$ 14,000 or about US$ 10,000.

Get back to me if you want, I'll do what I can for you. Again this is in Nova Scotia (east Coast of Canada - for you american folk). I don't know what it would take to get into the US - that's up to you.

malcolm.stebbins@msvu.ca