Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Jun 1998 20:37:39 EDT
From:         KENWILFY@AOL.COM
Subject:      Getting ready to go!
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Picked up the '87 Westie today from a couple up in Long Island, NY. Grey, with 44k miles and looks and drives excellent. My wife and I had our own micro van caravan going on going down the NJ Turnpike with me in the '87 following her in our '84 GL (Cocoa). Both vans performed perfectly (praise God!) which is great because it would've been a real bummer to break down on 42nd St in downtown NYC. I would really like to thank everyone who wrote to me with suggestions about what food to take. All of your suggestions have been very helpful and have saved me much time (especially the roadkill stuff:). I am going to take all the phone numbers that people have pmailed me and if we have time maybe I'll call on some of my western fellow List members. Next step is to get her all packed up (since we are flying back from California this will have to be kept to a minimal) and head south down 95 through DC then down 81 south. I am supposed to be picking up some parts from John Villiness (are you reading this John, how does Tuesday look for you?) so I will get him to send an email about that leg of our trip and I am keeping a journal and taking pictures so I can maybe do a little web site on the trip after we get back. So if you see a really nice Grey '87 Westie with California tags toolin' down the road give me a honk or flash your lights and I'll pull over and we can have some coffee. Ken Wilford John 3:16