Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Jun 1998 18:47:20 -0400
From:         Jon Hathaway <jonr@EMPIRE.NET>
Subject:      Carat interior...
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

While out "yarding" with a buddy today we came across a '89-'90 Carat that had been hit Hard on the lower front right corner...

It has both rear jumpseats, rear bunk/seat, and side table...

Light gray

When I asked the guy on the counter what they were asking for the interior, they kinda hemmed and hawed and said to call back on Monday... Rear seats looked very good, front seats showed a bit of wear... For some reason the center carpet had been removed.

Our other finds: about 5 10mm/13mm wrenches, three jack handles with double ended screwdrivers inside, 3 other double ended screwdrivers, 7 hubcap pullers (the little U shaped jobbies), and in the '96 Passat was an unopened (still in factory plastic bag)Tool kit w/jack this is a Blue vinyl bag about 6"x15" with a VW emblem in white on the flap... got all the tools and bag (minus the Jack itself) for $20. At the next yard my buddy literally tripped over a jack-point mounted sidestep buried in the dirt, this was in fair condition (has cleaned up nicely) complete with securing clip... $20 for this, I got home decided I really wanted one for my '63 Micro and called him up, asked how much and he sold it to me for $30...

He is still looking for the panel above the footwell under the dash for a '68-'73 Standard Beetle.

Anyone interested in the interior??

e-mail me for phone#... Yard located in North Central Mass...

JonR