Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Jun 1998 14:02:15 +0200
From:         Philippe Oudot <p_oudot@WORLDNET.FR>
Subject:      Syncro Suspension
Comments: To: VANAGON@VANAGON.COM

Listees,

Since it turns out there are a lot of questions about syncro suspension, you might get more info from this company in Germany.

Auto Seikel GmbH Industriestr. 5 D-63579 Freigericht Phone : 49-6055-5282 Fax : 49-6055-82731

The boss is called Peter Seikel, he's very nice, talk good English and is very knowledgeable about syncros. He used to race in African rallies like Paris-Dakar a few years ago with customed 16" syncros. He send me a fax dated 10th of january with the following info:

"I can offer you special springs and shocks for the Syncro 14" and 16". The springs are developped from us and produced by Eibach and the shocks are from Boge". (I know it's a pretty good brand, a lot of european race motorbikes use them).

We offer only one type of combination.

There is no problem to change only the springs and keep the original shocks.

The ground clearance will raise between 3 and 8 cm, depending on the van (camper or not).

Comfort is not so bad, maybe a little stiffer in the rear when the van is unloaded.

Our springs are developped for normal using, in rallies we used much harder ones.

Net prices without tax :

Springs: front set : DM 486 rear set : DM 628 Shocks : DM 650 DM 426

Voila, I hope it'll be helpful for some of you. Peter told me also over the phone than the Boge are specials. There are not stock. A little stiffer I guess.

Bye,

Philippe Oudot '89 Vanagon GL Syncro 16" TD Oettinger French Syncro Club