Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Jun 1998 21:49:37 -0400
From:         BeetleFreak <betlfrq@AIUSA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Q:how to install the plastic front window trim
Comments: To: bertschi <bertschi@BRIGHT.NET>
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Well fellows I'm here to tell you that you can install the plastic strip in the windows while on the vehicle without too much trouble. I did all of the windows on my 83 Westy in a couple of hours. I struggled until I made a simple tool out of a coat hanger to open the rubber moulding and I sprayed the groove with silicone spray before installing the plastic strip. I also had an assistant help guide the plastic strip as I installed it. The first couple of windows took about 10 minutes each but by the time I got to the 5th one it took about 5 min. start to finish. The end result made a huge improvement in the looks of my Brick. If I can be of further assistance contact me at http://www.aiusa.com/betlfrq