Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Jun 1998 20:49:22 -0700
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Syncro Suspension
Comments: To: Derek Drew <drew@INTERPORT.NET>, vanagon@vanagon.com

At 22:32 6/8/98 -0400, you wrote: >At 05:18 PM 6/8/98 -0700, you wrote: >>Derek, >> >>It seems you have had you Syncro suspension apart aa few times now. I am >>running two donuts in the rear. Are yours all on top or one on top and one >>on the bottom? > >I have three extra ones together with the factory original one so I have >four total on top in the rear. I have been driving like this for, like, >five years now an never had a hint of a problem doing it so it is a no >brainer.

Is the rear higher than the front now? Currently my Double Cab is level (measuring from the center wheel nut to the top of the fender) with on extra inserted at the rear.

What is the minimum ground clearance you currently have? Mine is currently 11.0" at the engine skid plate. Installing the 1.6L made the rear come up about 0.5" to 0.75" - a tad harder than insearting a donut! :P

-- David Marshall, Quesnel BC, mailto:david@volkswagen.org -- -- 78 1.8L VW Rabbit, 80 2.0L VW Caddy, 87 Audi 5KQ -- -- 85 1.8L VW Cabrio, 88 1.6L VW Syncro Double Cab -- -- Volkswagen Homepage http://www.volkswagen.org -- -- USE DAVID@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG WHEN SENDING EMAIL --