Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Jun 1998 06:50:24 EDT
From:         Patrick Foltz <Pfunky@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Fwd: 87 Volkswagen Vanagon, Poor-idle/Hesitation
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Can anyone help this guy? In a message dated 6/10/98 6:39:51 AM, jameuro@MAGICNET.NET wrote:

<<1987 Volkswagen Vanagon 2.1 L

Trans: Standard Mileage: 170,681 miles VIN: WV2ZB0253HH074053 Fuel: Digifant Ignition: Hall Effects Emissions: US Federal

Misc Data: Westfailia Camper Symptoms: Poor Idle Quality, Hesitation, Surge, Stall, Misfire, Poor Fuel Economy Occurs: Hot, On Accel, Idle, After a Hot Soak, Intermittently

Greeting to all VW Technicians: Well this one is making me NUTS! The Engine decides when it wants to spit, sputter, no power under load, intermittant idling and stalling. Customer states he has had this problem for 2 years and no one has been able to fix it. Compression is at 120lbs.+ #1 thru #4. Fuel pressure regulator, air flow meter, injectors and injector plugs replaced. Complete tune-up performed, timing dead on. I have noticed that the Catalytic converter has been punched out, probably in an attempt to fix it melted thru. O2 sensor is in operation. I have noticed that the ECU is getting REAL HOT after about 30 minutes of operation. I do suspect the ECU due that it has a "junk yard" one in it and is marked "89 Vanagon" with yellow paint. But my question is: Is this the right ECU? Part # 025-906-022. The dealer is NO help. Does anyone out there have the correct part number? And even more imperitive, does anyone out there have one or know where I can get one? The vehicle has been here 3 weeks (customer in Canada on vacation) and would like to get this resolved by the time he gets back here. ANY Input will be greatly appreciated! Thank you 407-847-7005

Angelo Campana jameuro@magicnet.net Owner/Technician J.A.M. European Autowerks Kissimmee, Florida, USA>>

[message/rfc822]