Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Jun 1998 20:42:11 -1000
From:         Peter Zendzian <peterz@GTE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Timing
Comments: To: Paul Borghese <pborghese@BIGFOOT.COM>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Thanks for the info. My pulley is a little different, instead of the U shaped "dimple" being on the left, it is on the right. I set the timing to where the V is at the center of the case, but could only get 700-750 rpm with it there, but after I plugged the idle sabeliser in, the RPM jumped to about 850-900 RPM. I did notice while watching the flash on the timing light, that every once in a while, it misses a flash at about the same time that the engine skips. I connected the timing light to the other plug wires and didn't have that problem most of the time (it happened but about 1 10th of the time)

I rebuilt everything that didn't require cracking the case. It wasn't too bad except that it took a lot longer than I expected (about 5 days). I purchased all of my parts from Fast German Auto. They have extremely good prices and give excellent advice, but I like the convenience that The Bus Depot offers with the check by phone.

Pete 83.5 Vanagon peterz@gte.net