Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Jun 1998 14:10:36 -0300
From:         Tim Smith <smitht@UNB.CA>
Subject:      1985 1.9l engine complete FS
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Hi All,

FS to a good home, my trusty and healthy crewcabs engine. Checked out at 120PSI in all the cyclinders before I dropped it. Always started, lifters quite, runs/idles as smoothly as any wasser boxer. No overheats. I'm close enough to the Subaru swap that I'm willing to let go of my 'backup' engine. Was from an autotrans vehicle, never driven as a work truck, PO was a trucker who believed in maintainance. Has had an easy life, about 120K miles, heads redone by VW mechanic I've known for 27 years, say 40K back, still bone dry, JBWeld forever! This is a complete engine except for the rusted exhaust system. Will include the pipe with O2 sensor, and a CAT replacement 'test pipe' heh heh ;).

Includes ALL FI wiring and brain, alternator, ignition, plumbing etc. About a $300 bonus in itself (plus labour!). A bolt in deal, you will need your own flexplate/flywheel and should replace the crank shaft oil seal at that end. Push rod tubes etc in great shape.

I have a local offer of $600CDN from the same mechanic who rebuilt it "I haf to make der profit chou know". Wants it soon for a customers Westy, so no foot dragging please. Best/fastest? offer in greenbacks will be considered/taken. Can come in for 2.5% US customs duty and $20 fee, no EPA required, but the engine lid says 'meets all applicable Federal req'ts for year of manufacture", inc. for Cal. I'd prefer to sell it to someone close enough to get it from say Maine/NH, or ship it from there. figure on 250lbs, so east coast would be best.

Bye, Tim