Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Jun 1998 09:41:34 PDT
From:         susan hafler <ceezuu@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      stuck in third gear, vacation's postponed...
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

hi, listees, 24 hours before i was scheduled to leave for the vacation to end all vacations, 48 hours after getting my trusted mechanic's blessing to take my 87 syncro out west,... i get stuck in third gear on my way to return overdue library books!

so the van is at the garage, where my mechanic had enough time to peek underneath and declare that he couldn't see anything, that he'd need to look into the transmission, that he was leaving for georgia and couldn't do anything 'til probably tuesday.

there are no words to express my sadness. my dear friends remind me that it's better that this happened here than lots of places. i agree, but it hardly takes the sting away.

so, listees, any ideas of what i have to look forward to both in cost and time? the word 'linkage' has come up several times, and i fear for the worst.

thanks in advance for any words of wisdom, or condolence...

susan durham, nc