Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Jun 1998 10:57:26 -0500
From:         Darrell Boehler <midwesty@TAOS.MIDWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: decreased mileage problem solved!
Comments: To: Gary Shea <shea@GTSDESIGN.COM>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

---------------------- Hi Gary, My 86 has mileage more in tune with yours, 12- 17. I feel it is in nearly as good of condition as a stock engine and van as my abilities are capable making it. I do use about all the horse power the wasser boxer will provide on launch and cruise at 70-75 mph. My wife gets 21 mpg highway but she cruses at 60 mph. My wasser boxer is balanced and imho is in near perfect tune. I also warm it up before driving. Since Mark put on a new air filter and a tune up, his wasser boxer may be giving him a little more horse power by breathing a little deeper. If he is using that extra power he will most probably use more petro since the oxygen sensor will ensure a proper mixture with a dirty air filter or a clean one. Being from Illinois and the land of MJ, a question for you being from Utah. Will the Mailman deliver tonight?

Darrell Boehler Makanda Illinois