Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Jun 1998 07:42:03 -0400
From:         Michael Sullivan <sullivan@OPENMARKET.COM>
Subject:      Re: P'zwo Foglights
Comments: To: Benjita@aol.com
Comments: cc: vanagon@vanagon.com

Dear Cory,

The wiring that I show on my website comes directly from the Projektzwo guys. The effect is that the fogs come on anytime both the key is "on" AND any of the lights are turned on (which is how I like it). I typically run with just the fogs on during the day (can anyone say daytime running lights?) Hence, the fogs do not turn off when the highs are switched on. Nor do they stay on when you turn off your engine.

Projektzwo supplies the wires with the special wire-terminations already attached -- you just snap 'em in. The only "hard" part is running the wires throught the firewall (I cheated, I ran them throught he already existing thick harness).

Thanx for the conditional kudos!

At 12:25 PM 6/5/98 EDT, Benjita@aol.com wrote:

>Michael,

>I am looking at your wiring diagram for the P'zwo foglights, and have a few

>questions. First, what is the effect of this setup? When do the lights come

>on and go off? Factory foglights come on with the low beams, but are off when

>the highs are on. Or is this entirely a manual thing, turn the lights on when

>you want them and off when you dont? I would like to have the fogs come on

>with the parking lights and turn off with the high beams, that way I can just

>leave the switch turned on and the fog lights will ignite with the parking

>lights.

>Also I am looking at the back of a fuse box with no wires on it and was

>wondering if you bought the special wire connectors to snap into place or if

>there is already a wire coming out and you just spliced into that? Thanks for

>the info and the trouble to put the diagram on your Page. I appreciate it:-)

>Cory

>'86 Syncro Westfalia

>P.S.- Your syncro is awesome, you may be a little nuts, but the van is

>sweet;-) Wish I had the cash.

<bold>Michael J. Sullivan

</bold><italic>Director of Catalog Design

Open Market, Inc.

</italic>

work: http://www.openmarket.com

play: http://www.hsdesign.com