Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Jun 1998 16:12:02 -0400
From:         Bob O'Shaughnessy <vanagon@COLUMBUS.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: '82 westy, '91 Fox engine, fuel flow problem
Comments: To: Vanagon List <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>

Scott Durrant (sdurrant@AROS.NET) said on the date of 6/14/98 10:27 AM

>The fuel line runs from the tank through an inline three-module unit >(mounted under the westy located near the sliding door), and from there to >the engine. > Scott, this unit is the original second fuel pump/accumulator/and something unit from the Fox, or from an A2 series car. I'm not entirely sure that you need it. The Vanagons run with one fuel pump (as compared to the A2 car's two) in about the same place, with an inline fuel filter.

The only reason that I think that you'd need the assembly that is there is because it is part of the system that regulates the fuel pressure in the system. I'd check this.

Bob O'Shaughnessy, Columbus, OH vanagon@columbus.rr.com 85GL (awaiting Multivan interior) 74 Bus (Dad's) 72 Wife, 94 Rabbit, 95 Cat, 96 cat, 98 Kid