Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Jun 1998 09:35:08 -0400
From:         "Joe L." <jliasse@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Try this out-re: Bus Depot replies
Comments: To: Bruce Ralphs <bar@ISLANDNET.COM>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Good points all. I also note that almost eveytime I see someone here asking where they could find a replacement for their busted gizmo there is someone else here saying "I busted my gizmo too and the best place (or the ONLY place) to get a new gizmo is Bus Depot". Seems to me that having the part one needs when one needs it is the primary job of a parts store. This the Bus Depot seems to do very well. As for service; I have had one expierence with them. Someone here said they had Haynes Manuals for waterboxers. I gave them a call to order it. Nothing unusuall except for the fact that, on the chance they were still open, I called at 9 o'clock at night. It turned out that they had closed several hours before and were there only because they had some other work to do. There is also the fact that I have a "disorder" that sometimes causes me to talk like a combination of Foster Brooks, Mel Tellis and Porky Pig. During the protracted "struggle" to get the order out I found them to be very patient and willing to go over and over what should have been a quick and simple point to complete what was, after all, a lousy $25 order that, if time and profit margins are considered, did not even make them minimum wage. Seems to me that they are the type of people who do what they can when they can and if, for some reason (maby they are talking to me again?), one is expierencing some delay it is certianly unintentional and probably bothers them as much or more as it bothers the one delayed. Granted, this is only my impression but these seem to be good folks to deal with. If there is some situataion they are dealing with or some inefficiency in their organization that is causing some delays I believe they will identify and eliminate it as soon as they can. In the mean time I, for one, am willing to take some delays if doing so will support folks who are WILLING, if not currently able to do all as quickly as I would wish. I have delt with enough people who don't give a damn to appreciate what a find we may have here.

-----Original Message----- From: Bruce Ralphs <bar@ISLANDNET.COM> To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM> Date: Tuesday, June 16, 1998 3:59 AM Subject: Try this out-re: Bus Depot replies