Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:52:05 -0700
From:         Malcolm Holser <mholser@ADOBE.COM>
Subject:      Re: H2O belt broke...
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM, smitht@UNB.CA

> Isn't the PS belt same size? Is on my '87 but I don't have AC. just swap > and muscle it back to civilization. Buy 2 new belts, and throw the old one > under the bed for a 'spare'. bye, Tim > Hmmm. Mine are different sizes, although there is a relatively large adjustment range available so you might get away with it. Their PS belt was damaged as well, and the roads they needed to drive would be real challenging fighting the steering (the road between Coulterville and Mariposa is 25 miles of hairpin turns on cliffs hundreds of feet high -- seriously).

Mine has 1100x10 for the waterpump/alternator and 1080x10 for the PS. I think the PS one is actually supposed to be different, and the waterpump one I put on was an 1105. I'd suspect that 1100 would work for either.

So I don't know. Are they supposed to be the same, and what is the correct size?

Malcolm