Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Jun 1998 17:31:40 -0400
From:         Martin Jagersand <jag@CS.YALE.EDU>
Subject:      Litchfield show and Diesel Vanagon parts available
Comments: To: type2@type2.com, vanagon@vanagon.com

The Yahoo mapping doesnt work for some reason, but you can find locust road manually by zooming in on the area between rte 8 and rte 72. It's southwest of these.

I'll be driving the white '82 diesel Westy with a yellow canoe on top. Feel free to stop by and say hello. I'll be looking for other listmembers, but lost my glasses to the Salmon river yesterday (going upside down over the broken dam in a kayak. Got them whacked off just at the big wave below the last drop. Anyone finds a pair of pilot/nerd style glasses there when the water recedes please mail me. I'll be borrowing glasses from a local friend in CT, but I'm not sure how good they will be. So if you see me say hi and don't feel offended if I don't recognize you.

Other news: Towed Keith Olsen's dead '82 across half of CT to my garage (His wife wants room to park in the driveway again, not down the street). Got booted off the expressway almost immediately. (Sour toll official didn't think the John Anderson style "tire between the busses" tow connection counted as rigid) Had to take the small 2 lane (sometimes 1.5 and 1 lane) roads through northen CT instead. Met listmember John Ingram and his '72 along the way. Another couple speed by, just to stop and snap pictures of the tow at the next intersection. Talked to some troopers (the nice kind you find out in the boonies) who helped me find my way.

Mike Yozell (and possibly I) is (/are) going to part this bus. Diesel bellhousing is already spoken for (by mike), but we'll have a complete set with motor cradle, mounts, oilpan oilpump etc for someone converting a synchro to inline 4 engine. just need the special bell housing and flywheel kit from Kennedy engineering. (The diesel bellhousing doesn't fit the synchro) Let me or mike know if you're interested.

I'm *not* bringing the dead '82 to the show. (enough towing for me already), but you can request parts at the show. I'll make a list.

Cheers, Martin

PS Whoever makes the show WWW page has gone crazy with javascript. You might have to be patient to make this work/ see anything.