Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Jun 1998 06:16:39 -0400
From:         bertschi <bertschi@BRIGHT.NET>
Subject:      Re: moving qn bed with vanagon?
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

I can't verify it will fit, I've never done it. Measure it, get a buddy, and try it. Others on the list have said it will fit as long as you don't have A/C.( then you just have to get past the rear pillars.)

The trailer I'm refering to is sold many places under several names. Mine is a Nu-Way. It's 40" x 48", metal frame, usually red (do-it-yourself, bolt-up) with one axle and springs. Just bolt it together, put on the lights, add 1/2 sheet of plywood for a floor, and some 3/4" eyebolts in the corners for tie-downs, and you're all set.(do this on a FLAT surface and make sure the frame is square before putting on the axle/springs) Wiring the lights isn't that bad, even for a novice. Late model vans may have some provisions for this already. (just be sure to wire a ground, otherwise you depend on the connection between the hitch, ball, and bumper.

The trailer is usually sold at stores like K-mart, Wal-Mart, DIY, Builder's Square, Lowes, Big R, Tractor Supply Co....and so on. Most stores w/ a "manly-man" or automotive department. If you're moving alot of stuff, go for the 4' x 8' long one. They usually fold in half like a ping-pong table for storage, and are only a little more money. These trailers are small enough to unhitch and move if you can't back a trailer. (tricky for some, takes practice). if you get one try bolting some bicycle flags or something to the trailer so you can see the rear corners while driving/backing-up. Good luck!!

---------- > From: DAVID MOST <most@ucla.edu> > To: bertschi <bertschi@BRIGHT.NET> > Subject: Re: moving qn bed with vanagon? > Date: Sunday, June 14, 1998 12:45 AM > > > I've moved quite a few things in my van, but I'd say if you don't have a > > buddy to help angle it in so you won't damage your interior > > Does this mean it is possible for sure if I can find a buddy to help? > > , get/rent a > > trailer. (I have a $200 kit trailer from K-mart that is great for over > > sized items) then, you can put other "stuff" inside the van. > > > > What kind of trailer is this from K-mart? Can you describe what this is? > > Thanks, > david