Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:41:22 -0400
From:         Tyrone & Marilyn Greene <macpine@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Wanted: A/C Ducts
Comments: To: Vanagon <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>

Volks

Last evening I finaly got to experiance what A/C feels like in our 87 Syncro - nice!

But before the guy that did the retrofit left, we heard a loud noise (like my cat jumping on top of the rear hatch from a nearby tree) and I duck thinking the lid was going to come down for a knighting. But no?!?! We just figure the cat just kept going as it probly spooked it's self.

So when we openned up the slider we were shocked and dumbfounded to find that the A/C ductwork had taken a dive. And what made matters worse was that the duct is missing chunks and is cracked a fair amount.

After talking to one of our listees who gave me information regarding the repair campaign, I called the closest VW dealer's service dept. to see if our van's vin# had been involved in the befor noted campaign. He said no and yes he could schedual for the repair as per the campaign order, anything else would be extra - of course.

Anyway, does anyone have a resonably decent unit they want to pedal?

Pmail please. TIA

Tyrone Big Pine Key, FL