Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Jun 1998 07:54:45 -0700
From:         Chris & Aimee Uzzi <uzzi@AIMNET.COM>
Subject:      a mouse in our house...
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

hey folks,

so sunday morning we fired up the westy, it's father's day and were getting ready to meet my father for breakfast. i turn to my wife and ask her if she smells the faint stench that i do. she replies no, and by the time we're on the road with the windows open, the smell was gone. for now.

it was last weekend that after returning to retrieve my power bar from my open van that i noticed that someone, or something rather, had been feasting on my snack! i thought awhile, and dismissed it as local birds that nest in our carport (some how i validated this theory even though there was another bar half eaten in the glove box... how did a bird get in there?).

now it's this morning and i wake up early and go prep the westy for her commute. i usually fire her up for one commute per week (50+ miles). i get in and that faint stench from the other morning was now a full blown stench! i began to search the van, thinking it must be some bad food (but we don't randomly keep food in the van...). well, for those of you who have not already figured it out... it was a mouse. a mouse had died at the bottom of the clothes closet. i promptly removed it.

how did it get there? best chance is it was a stow-away from our move several weeks ago. any chance there is a way a 3" mouse could mosey himself up into a vanagon? by the way, the mouse partially chewed through wiring that runs up along the inside of the closet wall. are these just the wiring for the ac?

thanks for your patience,

chris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chris & Aimee Uzzi '72 Westy (deceased) '90 Westy (Merlot) '98 A4 Quattro (on the way...) '91 CRX Si