Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:03:58 -0400
From:         Judith Barr/Leo Girard <lgirard@BMTS.COM>
Subject:      Erratic starting 85 Vanagon Automatic & kudos to R.Salmon

Hi again Vanagonians My old 85, usually a great starter, has developed a symptom that maybe some of you have experienced and could point me in the right direction. It starts wonderfully first time in the morning. If I turn it off and try to start again immediately it won't start as well. If I leave it 5 or ten minutes, it'll just turn over, no start at all. If I leave it for 1/2 hr.....back to good starting. It has recently had a fuel pressure reg. installed and not long ago 4 to 5 thousand miles new spark plug wires and hall effects gizmo. Any clues? Might it be fuel filter? fuel lines? I'm about to replace the fuel filter thanks to Ron Salmon @ busdepot. By the way his service is great! I sent an email at about 9 AM from this Ontario Canada backwater & followed up with a phone call about 2 hrs later after their 11 AM opening time. Not only had the email been received but I was called by my first name without relaying it....that's a bit of personal service through this impersonal medium! Any tips appreciated. thanks, Leo, Meaford Ontario [www.meaford.com]