Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Jun 1998 15:55:37 -0500
From:         Darrell Boehler <midwesty@TAOS.MIDWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Dying Van
Comments: To: Steven Johnson <afslj1@UAA.ALASKA.EDU>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

---------------------- Hi Steve, Sounds like a fuel delivery problem again. This could be any of the components like fuel filter, pump , or a clogged line or fuel pick up inside your tank. What happens is when the fuel stops flowing for a bit the rust and dirt loosens up around the filter and other restricted areas, letting fuel through after you first start it up. Then it eventually gets packed in tight again. Invest in a fuel pressure gauge and get a long enough hose so you can watch your pressure while operating the van , the fuel ring on the van requires a 7mm hose. I have a nice solution for this on my van. I have an electric oil pressure gauge and 3 electric senders, one for oil, one for fuel and one for coolant. The senders all connect to a switch under the dash so I can display any of the three pressures on the same oil pressure gauge. With this set up I know if I have a problem or can diagnose the three systems more easily. Like Joel said give us a few more years and our cockpits will be like a 747s.

Darrell Boehler Makanda Illinois

-----Original Message----- From: Steven Johnson <afslj1@UAA.ALASKA.EDU> To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM> Date: Thursday, June 25, 1998 3:00 PM Subject: Dying Van