Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Jun 1998 22:13:13 -0100
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM>
Subject:      LOTSA NEW Stuff- curtains, carpet, air cond, bras,
              propane tanks  (LONG)
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

I've been saving these up for one announcement to save bandwidth. I have a bunch of new items that list members have been asking me for for some time...

CURTAIN KITS - Heavyweight velour, in Medium Gray or Saddle Tan. This is quality stuff, much nicer than anything previously available, and for less money. $159.95 complete.

The Westfalia versions attach using the stock Westy hardware. The '85-91 kits work with the stock Westfalia "sliding hooks" (but include metal ones to replace the plastic ones on the original curtains). The front windshield curtain snaps into place just like the original. The '83-84 version uses a removable curtain for the sliding door window, just like the stock curtains (and attaches using the stock mounts). The 80-82ish version (I'm not exactly sure when the change occurred) is for the early Vanagon Westies that didn't use the "sliding hooks" anywhere at all, but instead had curtain tracks.

If you have a non-Westy that never came with curtains, a "retrofit" version for regular Vanagons will be available within a few weeks, for maybe $10-20 more. Also coming is a snap-on version for the late model Multivans/Wolfsburgs. The snap-on front curtain (windshield and front doors) is also available separately, by the way, for $69.95.

The carpeted floor mat sets are also available in Medium Gray or Saddle Tan. They are designed to slightly contrast with and augment your factory carpet, not necessarily replace it. There is a pair of front carpeted mats, with rubber nib backings and heel pad on the drivers side, a center carpet for between the seats (specify manual or auto trans), and, for the Westfalias, a matching rear carpet to replace the one in the "kitchen" area. Price is $169.95 for all. The front 3 pieces will also be available separately, at a target price of $99.95/set, give or take a few bucks. I'll have the first shipment of these in about a week. My '89 Westy is getting the first set, so I'll keep you posted. (I do still have the $55/pr genuine VW carpeted front mats, and $85 non-Westy cargo area mats, as well.)

I have some new US-made bras that I like more than the Wolfs, for about the same price. They are available for aircooled (one screened opening) or watercooled (a second screened opening for the radiator grille). They are a very snug fit - takes some work getting them on at first but fit like a glove once they stretch to contour to the body. Very nice for $99.95. I'll continue to offer the genuine Volkswagen bra for the '86-91 for the same price, but for pre-86 Vanagons this is the one to get.

Fourth, I now have replacement Propane Tanks for $199.95, including the hardware (fill valve, etc), but not the dual-stage regulator (which is a readily-available $20 generic item). This is a direct replacement for the '85-up Westy tank, and can be used on the '80-84 with minimal modifications. It's not identical to the $600 VW replacement tank but it's incredibly close.

Lastly, some air conditioning stuff, in limited quantity... A/C Compressor for '83-to-early-86 Vanagon (Sanden SD508), brand new w/clutch, $179.95 A/C Compressor for '86-up Vanagon, rebuilt w/clutch, $249.95 A/C Condensor, original VW, for '86-up Vanagon, new (dealer price $580), $169.95.

On the drawing board, replacement Westy tables and arms, mosquito screens, etc. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted. :-)

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot http://www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW (Please call, don't email - e-mail still bottlenecked)