Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Jun 1998 02:59:35 -0500
From:         Max/Joyce Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: '99 Eurovans!
Comments: To: Victor Wong <vwong1@IX.NETCOM.COM>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

It most certainly wasn't a 99, but while I was coaching at the Atlanta Olympics(Whitewater Slalom), the German team cruised up in a VR6 Eurovan that came on loan from a dealer in Atlanta. It was cool then and the 99 model sitting in front of Noth Point VW mazda is just as cool. Sticker says $32.8K. Lets see, we paid $32 K for our 1300 sq. ft. house back in 1979. BTW, the EV is located in NLR AR. North Point's phone is 501-945-5353. The new Passat wagon and sedan look cool too.

Dimwitted Moose and Flying Squirrel 90 GL ---------- > From: Victor Wong <vwong1@IX.NETCOM.COM> > To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM > Subject: '99 Eurovans! > Date: Thursday, June 25, 1998 10:30 AM > > Although I'm no longer an active list subscriber, I still routinely > scan the archives every week or so. The latest archives contained a > couple of posts about '99 Eurovans arriving at US Volkswagen dealers. > I called around locally and found that Vasek Polak Volkswagen in > Hermosa Beach had just received a silver Eurovan GLS. I immediately > went to check it out. The salesman essentially knew nothing about the > vehicle, knew nothing about whether more vans were to arrive, and knew > nothing about Volkswagen's plans for the Eurovan. The van itself was > gorgeous: VR6 engine ("detuned" to 140 hp per the salesman), > sunroof/moonroof, climate control, extremely roomy interior (seems > even larger than my Vanagon). Didn't have time for a test drive. > > Was there any prior warning that VW was going to start selling the VR6 > Eurovans in the US, or did they just start arriving on our shores? > Does anyone know what VW's plan for the Eurovan? I'm surprised that > there hasn't been any activity on the list regarding these new > developments! > > Victor Wong > '88 Wolfsburg GL > Palos Verdes, CA