Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:54:50 -0500
From:         Dave <dave@V-DUB.MUSA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westy Safety (safer than a Volvo)
Comments: To: Vanagon List <Vanagon@vanagon.com>

Check out http://v-dub.musa.com (my site) under pictures, Type 2, and in the Vanagon column near the bottom you'll see a picture of an 85 Vanagon that was hit head on by a large truck, the driver lived, not seriously injured. FWIW my Vanagon was rear ended by a Camaro about 5 years ago at a stoplight. The Camaro's hood buckled, the front end was gone, it had to be towed. My Vanagon suffered a cracked bumper cover (I have fiberglass bumpers), the sheet metal under the bumper was dinged and scratched and there were two small dings on the rear wheel wells from the bumper hitting them. When the Camaro hit it felt about like when you let the cluch out too fast and it kills the car. Although this wasn't a front end collision I would rather be in my Vanagon than my Fox in any wreck, except that then my Vanagon would be wrecked :(

Dave Filcoff ICQ: 4146736 coolbus@v-dub.musa.com 87 Vanagon GL Wolfsburg (129k) 88 Fox GL (148k) St. Louis / Columbia, MO LiMBO - Gateway VW Club - VWoA VW Club - Der Busbezitzer Gruppe

volkswagens! Vanagons to GTIs. http://v-dub.musa.com

> I need some ammunition to help convince/pursuade her that the > Westy isn't as bad as it seems

Chad--