Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:03:38 -0400
From:         Derek Drew <drew@INTERPORT.NET>
Subject:      Re: digifant
Comments: To: Darrell Boehler <midwesty@taos.midwest.net>
Comments: cc: vanagon@vanagon.com

I consider this a jaw dropper.

I can't believe you just went ahead and actually did it.

It is hard to imagine that if you were going to make a production run of these things, that I would not want to be included. I would like to see some list mail generated on this project of yours. Somebody has to come up with something bad to say and I want to hear what that is. The most likely comment is, "why bother--all the Bentley ECU tests are easy to do and have more information than you get from these LEDs."

This is totally irrelevant to the incredible direction you have taken this project, but I would like to see all the information posted to one giant slow-to-download page rather than have to click multiple locations on your site to get the info.

My mind is boggled at first, but quickly I am thinking:

1) Are their any readings which you now have LEDs connected to which might benefit from being connected to a LCD digital readout rather than the cruder information one gets from LEDs? Many of the Bentley tests are numerical information rather than simply on/off information.

2) If I elect to have you do one of these, can I send you my spare ECU and have you do that part too?

At 02:39 PM 6/22/98 -0500, you wrote: >Hi Derek, > I have the digifant tool all checked out and it is posted at >http://taos.midwest.net/vw > >Please let me know your thoughts.tia > >Darrell > > >-----Original Message----- >From: Derek Drew <drew@interport.net> >To: Darrell Boehler <midwesty@TAOS.MIDWEST.NET> >Date: Thursday, June 11, 1998 11:59 AM >Subject: Re: digifant > > >>How about if I offer you encouragement? >> >>> I ask the list for any suggestions and will make my plans, test data >>>and results available to all after testing and all works as planned. The >>>cost should be less than $50 and I feel it will go a long way helping us >>>analyze our engine electronics and digifants. >>> >>>Darrell Boehler >>>Makanda Illinois >>> >>________________________________________________________ >>Derek Drew New York, NY & Washington, DC >>drew@interport.net >>'90 Syncro Westfalia... >>...seen off-road at http://www.tiu.net/~des/vw/drew/index.html >> Note: most valuable Vanagon sites on the planet (for owners) are: >> 1) http://gerry.vanagon.com/cgi-bin/wa.exe?S1=vanagon >> 2) ftp://gerry.vanagon.com/pub/ >> >> > _____________________________________________________ Derek Drew New York, NY & Washington DC ConsumerSearch drew@interport.net 212-580-6486 (W) 212-580-4459; 202-966-0938 (H)