Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Jun 1998 10:29:31 +0200
From:         Calle Fallberg <calle.fallberg@SWIPNET.SE>
Subject:      Re: "Don't leave home without it" items (/f ?)
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

William Ayer wrote

> Question: > > When you go traveling / camping in your Westy, what are the top three things > on your "Don't leave home without it list"? > > Cheers, > > William > > '90 Westy Syncro (109K), San Francisco, CA

Hi guys! Iīve been reading through a lot of replys with a lot of good tips on what to bring! One question to the guys who want to bring the holy book: Do you feel that itīs extra neseccery to bring this in a Vanagon??? The reason I ask is that I - even though not being religous myself, other than having the faith in that my Vanagonīs gonna take me wherever I wanna go- have some friends whoīre religious and they never bring their bibles- no matter what transportation!- since they know that theyīre always able to find some at the local churc if they really need the advice from the book! And since you mentioned the Bently as an alternative, I know that itīs not that bible!! Well, itīs a free choice I guess , so some kind of litterature would probably be on my list too, since IF the Vanagon decides to cheat on me, Iīll have something to do while itīs mending! YES, I suppose it to take care of whatever harm it does to itself! And if this shouldnīt happen well, I guess that a toolbox wouldnīt be totally wrong even if what Iīve experienced this far the main use for this is to lend tools to other people since the Vanagon actually has fixed itself so far. ( the only real problem being the infamous "Digifant stutter" wich as you know only requiers an ignitionkey "off/on" -touch wood) Ok, there we have two things : #1 A good book ( why not a manual or a "How to survive..." book - or maybe a Steven King if you have a breakdown in the middle of the night, could be interesting reading under a fading flashlight!!!!) #2 A well filled toolbox - no, dont bring the complete SNAP-ON kit,just the nessecities plus some spare parts (s.a. fanbelt,lightbulbs,some electrical vire and a bolt/nut assortement) But what for number three? Well, I guess that depends on weather conditions,a beverage cooler in the summer, shovel/ snow chains in the winter, a big Iīm a man, not a moose sign during huntingseason a raincoat and a towingrope if itīs wet...............I guess Iīll leave that up to you to decide! But okay, if you go camping, my third choice would probably be a hatchet and a box of matches!!! Good luck! Calle -88 Vanagon Mullhyttan, Sweden

[text/html]