Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:05:01 -0700
From:         Ari Ollikainen <Ari@OLTECO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 98 EVs
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

At 5:46 AM 6/30/98, Drew B. Farenwald wrote: >Haven't seen this posted. The Autohaus (Lancaster, PA) website, >http://www.autohaus.com/ has pictures and a little text on the new EVs. >Shows a blue MV Weekender. I asked but they don't know when they'll be in. >

Interesting that they have the 2 page MV section of the paper brochure on line while VWUSA's Web site doesn't even acknowledge that EuroVans exist outside of the "Camper"... (they must have scanned the brochure and input their own text since theirs has a typo)

VW must be conducting a stealth marketing campaign since everyone knows nozzink about the new EVs. Contrast this to Honda which has been leaking info on the new larger Odyssey to be built in Canada for the '99 model year or the re-designed longer, wider, roomier '99 Quest/Villager to appear before the end of the year.

Back in May, I asked for information and wondered why the Web site had no information on EVs when they were already in transit to dealers. Here's the response:

OLTECO Ari Ollikainen P.O. BOX 3688 Networking Technology and Architecture Stanford, CA Ari@OLTECO.com 94309-3688 415.517.3519